Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Promotion

Last week on October 1st, A was officially promoted to the rank of Corporal (E-4), also referred to as a Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO). Considering he only joined the Marine Corps a year ago, this is a considerable accomplishment. At 0700, the promotion ceremony took place in front of a battalion of Marines and L got to pin A with his new chevrons. This picture was taken in front of the Band Hall at MCRD where A works.

Here is the Non-Commissioned Officer Creed (which A recited with a raised hand):I am an NCO dedicated to training new Marines and influencing the old. I am forever conscious of each Marine under my charge, and by example will inspire him to the highest standards possible. I will strive to be patient, understanding, just, and firm. I will commend the deserving and encourage the wayward. I will never forget that I am responsible to my Commanding Office for the morale, discipline, and efficiency of my men. Their performance will reflect an image of me.

1 comment:

Brian and Monica Gee said...

YAY!
We are so happy that you guys have a blog! Hopefully this will be one more venue to help us stay in touch. Love all the pictures and all the exciting news. Hope to talk to you sometime soon!